View Single Post
Old July 24, 2007, 03:47 PM   #1
pesta2

Throw Down Wallet (a question for Mas Ayoob)

On another thread I was reading about, what else you carry beside you gun, someone had a “throw down wallet” and a real wallet.

I am assuming it is a fake wallet that you throw on the ground and not your real wallet. I can see this being a good thing that the criminal will not get your money, credit cards, or personal information.

Here is the point that really makes me question this practice. It seems an oxymoron to me. If you are carrying a gun along with your fake wallet and someone pulls a gun to rob you, your going to protect you life, pull yours and shot if you have a thrown down wallet or not. So then what is the “throw down wallet” for? You throw a fake wallet down to distract the person to give you a chance to draw and fire, then you shoot right? That seems like it would portray you in very bad light in a court of law.

While taking my CCW class the instructor said (and he is in the law enforcement community) that if you shoot even to protect your own life, you will find yourself in court. At the most defending yourself after that family of the criminal sues you. Do not deny we live in a sue everyone society now. I heard on the radio today a woman is suing now because of that steam pipe burst in New York. She was not injured, she was in a building close by, she has PTSD and was traumatized by it since she lost her sister in 9-11.

Seems to me the bare minimum you could carry would be the best option. Not the type of person that carries their main gun with two spare magazines and a back up gun along with 2 knives, and what ever else they carry. Court could portray you as someone looking for a fight carrying that much ammunition and guns.

Wouldn’t be better carrying a pocket knife, a revolver, wallet and a cell phone?

So what do you think? I would like to hear what Mas Ayoob has to say, I know he is out there somewhere.

Page generated in 0.02516 seconds with 8 queries