View Single Post
Old November 2, 2005, 02:39 PM   #1
woodsloafer

Hunter Wake-up Call...armed danger

Just a heads up...Last weekend a hunter stumbled into a marijuana plantation on public land (BLM). He called the police while on site with a cell phone, several agencies showed up and arrested a number of armed hispanics and several thousand plants.

Really hit home with me as I hunt this area for deer and quail every year (including this october).

We've had hippies growing pot on public land for 30 or so years in this area, nothing new, always been a concern, as I've worked in the woods since 1983 and i've come across several old grow plots, while a co-worker came across an active grow area (the grower rabbited). But a dozen armed men...there undoubtedly to 'protect' the plants is a whole 'nother ball game.

I'm not hitting the panic button, just going to be a little more aware and cautious of who I run into and am going to carry more than my usual 12 - 13 rounds (don't get me wrong...my choice would be to not engage the growers/guards, but may not have a choice to get out of the area).

http://www.mailtribune.com/archive/2...es/07local.htm

This is the link to the local paper's story. Te same paper had a similiar story, I believe the day before this one.

Page generated in 0.03589 seconds with 8 queries