View Single Post
Old August 12, 2012, 11:56 PM   #14
TheNocturnus

Congrats on making the choice to carry. I have been carrying for over a year now and the advice I can give is as follows:

1. Always carry, everyday and everywhere it is legal to do so.

2. Know your carry piece inside and out and be able to diagnose and fix a problem in seconds.

3. Shoot your carry gun often and keep it clean after each range outing.

4. Don't go and tell everyone you meet that you carry a pistol. Only tell those that need to know. I.E. The wife, and any close friends that you feel you can trust with this information.

5. Go through your wardrobe and see what clothes no longer fit. You will need new shirts, trust me.

6. You will buy several holsters finding the right one, we all did.

7. If you have chosen a carry piece already, great. If not don't do what most of us did. I went through about 15 guns before I found the "right one" for me. Rent guns if you are able and shoot as many as you can.

8. Don't buy in to the caliber wars on this site, choose what you are comfortable with.

9. Lastly, always respect the permit you carry and the responsibility it entails. If you have a temper, leave it at home. Learn your state laws and memorize them. Don't ever drink alcohol and carry, it will bite you in the ass should you ever need to shoot someone.

Congrats again and stay safe!
Brain (Use this one the most)

Page generated in 0.03504 seconds with 8 queries