View Single Post
Old March 27, 2002, 03:05 PM   #1
imspectre

Ruger Mark 1 problems

Does anybody know what it would cost to have a Ruger Mark 1 redone??

I got it kind of as a hand-me-down and it would sometimes fail to fire, and double feed.
An in depth cleaning followed by soaking, recleaning, and light oiling seems to have cured the failure to fire, but the gun still experiences stovepipeing jams.
Sometimes it will go for a dozen clips, sometimes only a couple of shots

There is a piece that is a little loose in the tube of the receiver, right above the magazine well. it looks like a slightly loose rivet is holding it on. I think the bolt sticks a little on this piece as it closes, causing the jam. Is this piece a guide of some sort?

Anyway, the backstrap and frontstrap have no bluing left, and are a little pitted, with a mingling of dull steel and light rust.

I intend on buying a new Mark 2 or maybe a 22 revolver anyway, but I would like to have this gun back in good shape also.
When it works right, it is much more accurate than I am, plus I like the fact that it is still functional (mostly) for being old.

Does Ruger charge a fee to trace the manufacture dates and such for their guns? I would like to know exactly how old it is
(5 digit serial number)

I appreciate any info out there, I'm pretty new to this forum, but it seems to hold a wealth of knowledge

Page generated in 0.02504 seconds with 8 queries