View Single Post
Old May 31, 2000, 09:56 AM   #22
IZZY

FUD AMIGO!

Thank you for the link to the marshal satistics!

I agree with you that a 9mm or a .45 (preferably in long colt) would be the optimum. I also agree that it IS possable to carry in the "Belly Band" holster you advocate. Somevery good arguments for the .32 side can be presented. However before that let me warn those who feel armed with a .25 auto!

Not just one but numerous cases abound where the .25 failed to penetrate the skull! One happened close to where I live when a daughter emptied a Full Magazine of .25 into her mothers head...she is now in Jail and being sued by her mother for the disfigurement!!! The satistics for the .25 hover in the 20% range for many loads!

Now the argument for the .32 acp

1. The sucsess rate is 50% for fmj. This is comperable to a .38 ( not plus "P").

2. The ease of carry makes a .32 more available to the defender......even stacked up against a 9mm in a "belly band" holster. The problem as I see, is the speed and effectivenes to which a Majority (not including pro's like you Fud) of the majority of the C.C.W. population could pull out, aim and fire from such a "deep cover" position. ( Verses the Kell-Tec cliped in a cross-draw inside the pants).

3. Full power loads in such small auto pistols are prone to having shooters "limpwrist" rounds and Jam the wepon. This can happen to anybody as the angle/grip and a whole host of factors changes once you are in a deadly situation. I have heard from numerous people who are not able to shoot Khars or Mini-Glocks with out having the Gun jam....obviosly they need more training...still having such a tight and steady grip on a gun in a fight is not guaranteed!!!

If you want to take FUD's advice, thats fine, just be sure to shoot the pistol BEFORE you buy it!! I love the 9mm, but I carry a nickled ppk in .380...( wish the Kell-tec came out years ago!) If you buy the "Kill-Tec" do be sure to get the Chromed slide...I hear that the blued can rust a bit easy...

Peace
IZZY

Page generated in 0.03480 seconds with 8 queries