View Single Post
Old June 13, 2013, 08:48 AM   #15
BumbleBug

Interesting topic.

I remember being in my CHL class (shortly after 9/11) & the class was pretty full at 50+ people. I looked around & saw all types of folks, some...let's just say sorta strange (maybe they were thinking the same about me). The questions being asked were a bit strange too. All the questions seem to start with: "Can I shoot the guy if...".

Sorry if I sound judgmental, but at least at the time, some of the questions got me thinking to myself: "This guy is going to be running around with a loaded gun?".

I don't have any good statistics to quote but I can only offer an opinion. Here in Texas, there are a large number of CHL's issued. But I believe that only a small portion carry full time (I do feel this percentage is growing though). Also if you spread the number of CC people around the odds of having one in every crowd or store is slim. The Texas joke showing a masked guy coming in to rob a store & everyone including grandma pulls out a 8" .44mag really is a joke. The deterrent is that the criminal just doesn't know & the easy prey is harder for him to find now.

I struggle myself trying to understand the law & keep asking myself the hard questions about deadly force. This is one of the reasons I joined this forum. There are so many related issues to effectively CC for the desired outcome. Drawing & firing is the most critical & hopefully it is the one best thought out by the carrier.

JIMHO...

...bug

Page generated in 0.03972 seconds with 8 queries