View Single Post
Old February 3, 2012, 11:02 AM   #18
Wild Bill Bucks

I noticed a big decrease in the number of hogs around here this last year also. I figure it has to do with it being a drought year and the 100 degree weather, for record days in a row that we have had here. Since pigs don't have sweat glands, they would have to have water to stay cool, and since all the ponds in the area have pretty much dried up, They have probably re-located back to the larger lakes in the area for food, shade, and the water.
We had several days where the temperature got around 112 degrees, and I doubt that they moved around much during the day, coming out at night to feed, and probably not going very far from the water. Since the bigger lakes around here are mostly Corp of Engineers lakes, the restrictions on hunting, makes them a safer place for the hogs to linger.
As soon as we get some cooler weather and the spring rain fills the ponds back up, I'm sure they will be back.

Their are others here on the forum, who know far more than I on the subject, and they will tell me if this makes since or not.

Page generated in 0.02284 seconds with 8 queries