View Single Post
Old July 10, 2010, 01:49 PM   #1
Dre_sa

Benelli M2 or M4?

So I'm saving up for a semi-auto shotgun. I have wanted a benelli for I don't know how long. I remember seeing one in a gunstore many moons ago, and it fit like a glove. I found out it was an M1 super 90. Since they dont produce those anymore, I'd like to go with the best option available. Primary use will be HD and fun at the range, maybe competition somewhere down the line.

Here are the differences I've been able to find so far.

for the M4:
gas operated
able to cycle a wider range of ammunition
built tough
plain awesome

for the M2:
inertia operated
different barrels
cleaner
cheaper

I have read many reports of the M2 being ammo sensitive, due to the inertia system. I understand the M4 likes high power loads too, but it can function on a wider variety of ammunition available.

I understand as well that the gas operated system runs dirtyier than the inertia, due to the gas being re-directed into the action. I'm not too terribly concerned about this, as I enjoy cleaning.

for some reason I have had trouble finding accessories for the M2 online. I think accessories for the M4 are more available because of this. Or maybe there are just more for the M4.

I've had a look at the FN SLP and the Mossberg 930 as well, but I really want a benelli of my own, so I can love it and stroke it, shoot it and clean it.

Im leaning towards the M4, not for any good reason, I just like it better.

So am I missing anything in the comparison of the two?
Anything else I need to consider?
Which would you get between the two of them?

Page generated in 0.02913 seconds with 8 queries