View Single Post
Old April 7, 2010, 03:51 AM   #29
CajunPowder

Peened Cylinder Notch Edges

FIGURE 01:

The edges of the cylinder notches are peened and continue to peen on this brand new, out of the box, Uberti replica of an 1858 Remington New Army model 44 caliber revolver in stainless steel; this is the target model.

This series of macro images was taken by myself and processed in photoshop. No filters were applied to these images, no auto leveling, no sharpening, (no filters were applied). The images were cropped and sized and then saved at the maximum quality as jpeg.

When I recieved this revolver the peening of the cylinder notch edges was barely noticeable and then only on a few cylinders. After cocking the revolver perhaps as many as 60 times, the damage is nearly done.

Of note, (in the four click series we listen for that tells our ears that a Remington New Army model revolver may exhibit good timing), the third and fourth clicks are almost indistinguishable unless you labor to pull the hammer back as slowly as possible, (the revolver has a fairly smooth action). The third and fourth clicks are extremely close together.

Of note, the trigger has an exceptionally light pull and a break like the finest crystal champagne glass. It is nearly a hair-trigger.

Next I will post macro images of the bolt taken so as to show the slant of the bolt face, (slant of the bolt surface), as best as possible.

Page generated in 0.02315 seconds with 8 queries