View Single Post
Old March 19, 2007, 09:00 PM   #12
Sharp Phil

Oh, and while we're quoting, Eric, I thought this post by T. Kanaley at the 1911forum was particularly worth repeating.

Quote:
Eric, you're more than welcome to defend the actions of your own business practices if you feel they need defending. If Gary doesn't mind you speaking for him, then you're more than welcome to act as his spokesman as well. However, you don't speak for my business and you apparently haven't a clue how others, who haven't had to endure the critism of excessive tardiness on their processing of customer orders, are running their business's. And I really don't think they appreciate you lumping them in with your own personal shortcomings, either!

Personally, I'm a little tired of you and a few other makers justifying what you do, with the excuse that "we all do" when in fact, most of us don't! A similar topic came up in a debate recently on another forum about charging customer cards up-front. I won't get into the nuts and bolts since it has nothing to do with this thread, but I will say that several of us had to take time from our busy schedules to clarify the matter. "Not all makers" indulge in charging cards up-front as had been suggested.

Business practices that are sound, shouldn't need any justification or reason to defend.
But, hey, I'm just the messenger. That's just a quote.

Publisher, The Martialist
For Those Who Fight Unfairly

Page generated in 0.03014 seconds with 8 queries