View Single Post
Old April 21, 2017, 12:06 PM   #17
ThomasT

OK Kraig. I sorta thought that might be what you meant.

T O'Heir You make good points but I have always felt that if you waited till things get dicey you dropped the ball. If you are going to have an emergency rifle you better stock up way before hand on ammo, reloading stuff and some food stocks. Opening cans of food you have on hand is much easier than hunting any kind of game or fishing for lunch. Fish don't always bite. At least the fish around here don't.

And just about all factory ammo is too expensive to pop away anymore. It amazes me when I read of guys going out and shooting a thousand rounds of 22 in a days time. A couple hundred rounds a day usually does it for me and I only do that a couple of times a year. I do practice with an air rifle here in my yard. But if you have shooting down it doesn't take a lot to get any kinks worked out. But I do understand shooting just for the sake of shooting. Shooting is fun.

The last shortage had no effect on me at all. I have brass, powder, bullets, bullet molds and over a thousand pounds of lead. A large stash of 22 (and no, I wasn't one of those hoarders at WM every morning buying up all the 22s. I already had it.) So being forewarned is to be forearmed.

Page generated in 0.03531 seconds with 8 queries