View Single Post
Old October 14, 2017, 03:48 PM   #1
Japle

Remora OWB holster review.

I’ve been carrying various pistols in Remora IWB holsters for years and like them a lot. They’re very comfortable, durable, they stay put and they’re pretty cheap.
I recently bought one of their OWB holsters for a 3” 686 Plus revolver. It was on sale and I wanted to carry the gun as an experiment, replacing the XDS .45 I usually carry.
First, I talked to the nice lady at Remora and told her what I wanted. Remora lists the holster for a 2 ½” and 4”, but she told me they’d make it to fit the 3” and she was right. The length is perfect. Great customer service!
Two problems:
While the length is good, it’s a pretty loose holster. Frankly, I wouldn’t trust it to hold my gun if I was doing anything remotely active.
It doesn’t hold the gun in close at all. There’s a pretty good gap between the grip and me. I’m 5’9” with a 31” waist, so this might just be a problem for the thinner folks among us. This is not a stiff paddle holster and it wasn’t advertised that way. I can’t really complain.
So, for what it is, it’s a good value. For an IDPA beginner or to wear while you’re doing light chores, it’s fine. For concealment under a heavy jacket, it’ll work as long as you don’t run or fight.
I’m still a fan of Remora IWB holsters and don’t mean to bad-mouth the company. Not their fault I chose the wrong holster for the job.

Page generated in 0.03782 seconds with 8 queries