Thread: change
View Single Post
Old January 23, 2018, 06:10 PM   #17
Sevens

I have absolutely enjoyed all of the posts in this thread. I often feel like I was born with the gene for hunting but yet I am hardly a hunter and likely never will be. I never had a mentor and deer season has been my heavy work season since I was 18.

Hunts: twice for ducks when I was 16yrs old, both were memorable. Once in my 30's on a paid "guaranteed to get one" wild boar hunt. The experience and camaraderie of the weekend was a blast but hunting hogs is not my thing.

I do an annual Prairie Dog hunt and I live for this trip. But let's be honest, this is hiking, long range target practice & pest elimination, it is "hunting" only by name.

I can't imagine too many folks that admire & support hunting and YET don't do it much more than I do. I love to read the tales, I live to hear about kids & Grandkids successes and beaming-proud parents and mentors.

If given the chance to tag along for nearly any real hunt (with a quality, experienced hunter), but without a rifle, I would leap at the chance to do it.

Page generated in 0.02656 seconds with 8 queries