View Single Post
Old December 10, 2010, 08:12 PM   #30
woodguru

Video Isn't Pertinent Evidence....

...to who's at fault.

Hopefully I'm wrong here but I'd be surprised if the whole showing the grizzly sad shooting itself is about money, not fault, because once again nothing in the video shows fault unless it shows the argument and pressure applied to a
kid trying to say the 8 year old can't shoot a machine gun.

That's the only relevant video is one that showed events that led up to the incident. as one poster pointed out here, nobody needs to have a memory of a kid getting needlessly shot on their memory for the rest of their life.

My guess is that there will be one person on a jury with a clear enough head to place the blame where it belongs before other's lives get damaged. It's a cheap shot on the prosecutor to go after the chief of police and you can bet there's politics behind that one. It's too easy for a prosecutor to have jurists who want someone to pay for a graphically violent incident involving a young kid. Sympathy can be spun toward the father who lost his kid but I have a rather harsh attitude toward that idiot. The only sympathy in me is for a kid who had the misfortune to be born to an idiot. That's what the father needs to be reminded of.

My cousin had her son hit a tree on an ATV that turned him into a comotose vegetable before he died after several months. I was in the unfortunate position of reading her the riot act about how stupid it was of her to let him have one in the first place. She drummed up a veritable array of defenses about how and why she couldn't keep her underaged son from doing what he wanted. My argument was that it was 100% her say as long as he lived in her house. I did the best I could to tell her if he killed himself on it it was on her watch and consequently going to be her fault. She understands that well enough that she's suicidal at times. I wish I'd have gone a bit softer but she knows how I feel about it and I hold her directly responsible, not to mention she didn't set hard rules on a helmet.

Page generated in 0.02539 seconds with 8 queries