View Single Post
Old May 9, 2019, 12:52 PM   #7
5whiskey

Quote:
I agree it's poor form to have this tragedy be politicized but I think what's lost is the student's true feelings about this event..I suspect it's along the lines of the Parkland students..tired of being a possible target at school...
I agree as well, though I do believe that the students clearly indicated a level of disgust at being politicized so quickly. Otherwise, kids don't want to deal with this, I don't want them to deal with it, and it's a tragedy.

Quote:
USNR93, I whole heartedly agree. I am thoroughly disgusted and pained myself every time I hear of these events. There is absolutely no excuse for this to keep reoccurring of that because we as a society refuse to address the underlying cause. Which is not the gun but the Broken Human behind the gun.
Absolutely. But what makes that human being broken? Unfortunately there is not one answer. There are many. It honestly breaks my heart for two reasons. The loss of innocent life first and foremost, but also that the suspects were likely failed at many points in years past and weren't "born" monsters... but forever more they will be now. Without waxing too philosophical, I will say that I believe most (there are exceptions, Jeffrey Dahmer et al) Human Beings are pliable and can be molded to be either good or bad. In the end the killers went through with this terrible deed, and they knew that it was unadultered evil. So they earned their future place. I still have remorse for lives that could have been.

Kendrick Castillo, don't forget that name. Don't utter the other 2 names.

https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=593946

Page generated in 0.03611 seconds with 8 queries