View Single Post
Old October 14, 2017, 01:17 PM   #29
OldMarksman
Staff

Quote:
In all likelihood, no gun will be enough for me for the rest of my time on earth.
That is true for persons who are nearing the ends of their lives.

The likelihood that a person will be attacked violently on any one day is minicule. Th eliklihooe that a person will be attacked violently in any one year is much higher, buy on a national basis, it is still very remote. But the likelihood, ago speaking on a national basis, that one will be attacked at least once during his or her lifetime is much higher--more than one our of two for a twelve year old. It is much a question of the length of that lifetime.

I am getting along in years. And I have not yet been violently attacked. Btu there have been occasions in which the idea that "no gun....was enough" was simply not true at all.

That's because I have been presented on more than one occasion with an imminent threat of death or serious bodily harm.

The mere presentation of the gun sufficed.

Quote:
So a 6-round gun gives me 6 more than the nothing I had.
That sentence does not follow from the one before.

Yes, six is better than five or two. That's not the question. The capacity question must be addressed on the basis of what will likely be needed when the incident occurs.

That's a very basic tenet of risk management.

Page generated in 0.03057 seconds with 8 queries