View Single Post
Old May 19, 2013, 08:54 AM   #3
HiBC

Gibbs Rifle Co /Old Western Scrounger did the 1903-a4 repro,and some iron sight rifles are available.

I bought a receiver/bolt from AIM Surplus.The rec is reclaimed drill rifle,its appearance is fine and fully functional.

A parts kit from Sarco was useful,

I bought a really nice NOS original "C" stock from Northridge.I first bought a Sarco "C" stock and was disappointed.I do not think the wood was dry when they shaped it.It warped.The Northridge stock was expensive,but in the 40's or whenever this was made,they had better walnut and laid things out proper.

I bought a Criterion 03A3 replacement bbl,very nice,threaded,chambered,extractor a sight notches,parkerized.

E-bay had a repro Redfield Jr base and 7/8ths rings from New Zealand.I remachined the underside to fit proper.I'm not quite satisfied with the ring/wingage screw fitup,but I will fix that.

E-bay had a Lyman Alaskan.End result will be a nice fake 1903A4.Its almost done.

I have to grind a little more bolt/scope clearance,tune the trigger,and re-parkerize a few parts.Maybe today.

Page generated in 0.02588 seconds with 8 queries