View Single Post
Old February 5, 2013, 11:08 PM   #35
Hunter Customs

When it comes to customizing a 1911 I've done just about evrything you can think of to one, visit my website you will see what I'm talking about.

However when it comes to a custom carry gun the one in the picture is pretty much what I like and what many of my customers seem to like.

I like a good front strap treatment for a little more traction on the gun.

I like smooth grips as I carry my guns in tight, this gives less abrasion to me and my clothes.

I want no extended or oversized controls on the gun of any kind.

I prefer small sights on the gun, this one has the small sights very much like the original 1911 sights.
What I've found is the one thing oversized sights will do is guarantee to obscure more of whatever you are shooting at.

I fabricated the thumb safety to also be similar to the original 1911, in my opinion that's the best thumb safety to be used on a carry/fighting gun.

I fabricated the the grip safety to get the hand a little higher on the back of the gun.
This works perfect with a straight thumb under the the thumb safety type grip position.
I also shortened the spur of the grip safety, this makes the gun easier to draw and a little more carry friendly

I like a good reliability package on a gun and action job, tigger pull no lighter the 3.5 pounds.

I opened up and blended the bottom of the mag tunnel, it seems to help with mag changes.

On this gun I shortened the over all height of the hammer and relocated and shortened the hammer spur, one would have to really work at it to get this hammer to bite you.

To enhance the accurracy of the gun I fit a National Match Barrel bushing but stayed with the stock barrel as it locked up and fit good at the rear.

Lowered the ejection port to enhance ejection of the fired cases.

Dehorned the complete gun so the gun's more user friendly.

Regulated and polished all the pins.
The slide stop pin is shorter but maintains a radius on the end and I did not weaken the frame by countersinking the hole the slide stop pin fits in.

I changed the arched mainspring housing out for a flat smooth one.

Actually this gun is a little bit plain Jane compared to some of the custom guns I've built, but it has everything I need and nothing I don't need.

Best Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com

Last edited by Hunter Customs; February 5, 2013 at 11:18 PM.

Page generated in 0.03755 seconds with 8 queries