View Single Post
Old March 20, 2009, 09:24 PM   #24
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
You sound like a man who has never been truly broke.
I wish. I have NOT been truly broke and living in a high crime area but for too many years I made the monthly choice of food vs electric. I don't mean to put anybody down or sound like I'm looking down my nose at poor people. I certainly am not. I know that there are people who make excuses to cover up the real reasons they do things, that's all. Certainly not everybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirlau
Maybe we just don't want to leave our homes! Regardless of the crime rate.
I don't want to battle at all. In fact, that answer is what I'm looking for. I'm not judging anybody for staying or leaving. I'm just asking, why? That's your why and it's cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15chase
I would rather defend a home in a bad "hood" than to live out of a shopping cart.
As would I. The thing is that I think many people think it's going to be just that kind of choice but usually it's not. As I outlined above, sometimes it easier than that. People might be making 50k a year and think "Heck, I can't live in in XYZ, can't get a job for over 25k there..." but then the cost of living is 1/2 what it is where they are now. Or, they make 15k per year and think "I can't move, it's to expensive.", when all they REALLY need to do is find an apartment and buy a $25 bus ticket.

Last edited by Brian Pfleuger; March 20, 2009 at 09:30 PM.

Page generated in 0.03489 seconds with 8 queries