View Single Post
Old April 14, 2008, 03:34 PM   #24
Dwight55

The villages I frequent are as different as can be, . . . all the way from a fast growing, persnooty, college town, . . . to a couple of blue collar, union has beens, . . . to an agrarian little soy bean/corn town.

As such they all offer different flavors of bg's. I have given up looking for profile types, . . . and have opted to just keep a close lookout on who and what is in or about to be in my 20 ft personal space circle. Doing so makes life much easier for me.

Spot a couple of baddies, . . . walk around them, . . . always off side if possible. Got a group of neanderthal youngsters up ahead, . . . other side of the street/aisle/etc. Avoidance is the name for me.

I generally am on a relaxed orange alert, . . . allowing my vision and my personal bearing to be enough to send most bg's some other way, . . . by spotting potential trouble spots and avoiding them like the plague. But just like it has been already mentioned, . . . eye to eye contact and a sound demeanor can turn the tide from victim to "pass that dude, man".

It has worked so far.

May God bless,
Dwight
If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a Veteran!

Page generated in 0.03416 seconds with 8 queries