Thread: FNX or XDM 9mm?
View Single Post
Old April 10, 2013, 03:56 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted By Mausemolt
I would prefer a full size because of increased accuracy (im a big stickler on accuracy) striker fired, hammered, safety or no safety im not worried about too much.
also i put CC just for kicks, it will be no way a frequent cary piece. just when i get a wild hair.
MM, I test a lot of handloads both in handheld shooting and from a rested position. If I bought a pistol to meet your needs it would be the XDm 4.5 model, maybe even the 5.25 Comp. model if you think you might start playing gun games like IDPA or USPSA. Not only is the sight radius longer, XDm's have Match Grade barrels. Just yesterday, my shooting partner told me that my XDm is as accurate as any .45 ACP he's ever fired and that includes a Dan Wesson CBob he owns and paid over $1300 for. I would expect no less from an XDm 4.5 in 9mm. As far as polymer framed pistols go, the XDm is the only one that is purely single-action in operation and it's also the most tuneable, IMO. I have a PRP tigger kit in mine that breaks right on 4#, maybe a tad less. It has no takeup to speak of, breaks crisp and clean and comparable to a good many 1911s that cost considerably more and because it incorporates a trigger stop to eliminate overtravel, which is also important to me in shooting the most accurate groups, reset is VERY short.

As far as potentially carrying in the future, I'll say this, many people have very little problem carrying a 1911 because they are slim. The Ruger SR9/40/45s are just as slim as a 1911 and the SR9 could easily be carried by selecting a good holster because of its thinness. But, you would give up some sight radius and barrel length because the SR9's barrel measures 4.14". One heck of a pistol though and a steal at around $425 or less. The 45s are going for a little closer to $450 right now.

Page generated in 0.02430 seconds with 8 queries