View Single Post
Old December 26, 2007, 12:34 PM   #9
Hafoc

It irks me that they lie about the caliber of this cartridge. Like your other nominal .32s, it's actually a .31. And then to extend the lie by calling it .327 so it will sound like a .357? How honest is that?

Rants aside, though:

I'll be surprised if this cartridge does especially well, regardless of how good it may be. It has an uphill battle for acceptance just because it's a .32, and for decades the press has been damning .32s as ineffective. Second, it's another in a recent avalanche of cartridges designed to duplicate the power of a long-time favorite in a slightly different platform. There have been a lot of those. They generally sell well in the first month or two and give the gun writers something to swoon over the way gun writers do. But in the end it's very hard to compete with a cartridge that has been well-known and established for a hundred years, even if you do offer some small technical advantage. People know it, trust it, and the guns and ammo for it are already available everywhere. That's tough to beat.

And then, of course, the .32 H&R Magnum was supposed to do for .32s what the .327 says it will do now. That didn't quite work out either.

Prove me wrong and I'll be perfectly happy, but I'm not optimistic about the .327's chances.

Page generated in 0.03094 seconds with 8 queries