View Single Post
Old June 17, 2005, 03:42 PM   #40
stephen426

Hi Guy,

Not to be arguementative but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy B. Merideth
1. Don't need high cap, just hit what you aim at. Eight shots are enough.
2. Debatable--depends on user.
3. CCW not permitted in SF Bay area, irrelevant in HD
4. Debatable incremental advantage--no CCW in SF Bay area so no snubbies
a. Correct.
b. Correct
5. CCW not permitted in SF Bay area, irrelevent in HD.

I don't use handgun for HD as I don't want them languishing in an evidence locker. For $180 I can pick up another used Mossberg. Dunno what autos run.
1. Most revolvers are six shooters. Some are 5 shooters and some a 7 shooters. There are very few 8 shooters that I know of.
2. For the same skill level, the auto loader will ALWAYS be faster. You can keep the gun in your shoting hand and keep the same grip while the weak hand does the reloading. Fast revolver reloading requires the weak hand to push the cylinder out, press the plunger to clear the spent shells, while the gun hand grabs the speed loader.
3 - 5. Although this is irrelavent for you, it is still true for those of us who can CCW.

As for your last point, I'm not sure what the benefit of having a shotgun in an evidence locker versus a handgun. If you are just talking about price, Iguess you can say that. I own several handguns and would make sure I have something else to use in case someone else got any bright ideas and wanted to pay me an unwanted visit!

Page generated in 0.03756 seconds with 8 queries