View Single Post
Old May 29, 2002, 09:50 PM   #1
brembo

I just bought a Winchester Model 52C

Yep, broke down and got it. Drove me nuts knowing that was sittin in a gun-rack for sale, with no proper home. Went out to my range today, to sight it in, and see what the groups were gonna be. Fired number one, and thought I missed the whole flippin paper, but just stuck one right in the middle of the bulls. Whhheeeee!!! I now have a new hobby, and it involves massive amounts of .22 's and makin one hole groups at 50 feet. I cannot believe how this rifle shoots. I was so excited that my form was terrible, but the weight/trigger of this rifle soaked up alot of jitters, and I was makin some VERY nice groups.

I thought it was an "okay" deal it 500, got it home and hit it with some Flitz compound, q-tip and some solvent, and at 500 I raped the dealer. The blue is fine condition, the stock is used, and has dings, but I can get those out. One scratch on the barrel, I think I can hide with some cosmetic wizadry. One problem tho, seems the last fella to have this rifle was fond of rubbin the crown with a cleaning rod, its got a bit of wear on one side of the crown, but it still seems to shoot better than I can right now.

I guess its time to invest in some 50 yard smallbore targets and a few bricks of target ammo. I'm sooo excited.

Anybody have some good links for the Win 52C? I've found some books, and a few so-so sites, nothing yet thats outstanding.

Page generated in 0.02077 seconds with 8 queries