View Single Post
Old January 25, 2019, 08:27 PM   #86
rodfac

For you younger shooters, Skeeter's writings are well worth your while. If you yearn for the wide open spaces and the comforts of a mountain meadow campfire while your hobbled mount grazes nearby, Skeeter is the writer for you. If it's .44 Specials of the SAA type, Skeeter's your scribe....and if you've ever hankered for a 5" S&W M27, look no farther, Senor Skelton has your thoughts and dreams in his words.

Do yourselves a favor, and read the crusty writings of Skelton, and Jordan, Keith and Askins, Whelen, Harrison and Hatcher; and ask yourself it you could have done as well living in their times, and more, could you have written of it so eloquently.

For me personally, reading those guys' commentary by shielded flashlight in a well shuttered bunker helped me keep my sanity and sense of honor, loyalty, and integrity long ago. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did...and still do.

The best to you and yours, Rod
Cherish our flag, honor it, defend what it stands for in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Freedoms are not free, they've been paid for many times over by heros in uniform. We owe them and our children, the best that we can do.

USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, An Loc, lll Corps, RVN, 69-70, Vietnam Vet '69-'73

Page generated in 0.03111 seconds with 8 queries