View Single Post
Old January 15, 2019, 07:32 PM   #8
rodfac

Depends on your carry circumstances: I/We live on a farm and do chores while carrying daily. Any muzzle protrusion allows the the barrel to pick up whatever is on the various seats of our vehicles: tractor, 4-wheeler, motorcycle, two 4x4 POV's, and a half dozen horses. Nothing will fracture your day like a barrel stopped off with a 1/4" of horse $---.

Also the lube that's on the barrels of my auto's gets all over the clothes I'm wearing...or Carhartts...and mixes with the horse $--- that's already there. You get the idea. But I'll say that years ago, I carried a Commander in a Yaqui Slide holster that was a dream to draw from, horse $--- notwithstanding.

Lastly, with a holster that's shorter than the barrel/slide etc., you'd better have a front sight that's got enough slope to its rear face to allow an unobstructed draw movement. That same objection applies to railed semi-autos...the rail hangs on the holsters that I like: leather. The rail seems to do better with Kydex however.

And BTW, I carry OWB exclusively, I can't imagine carrying IWB with an exposed barrel/slide.

YMMV, Rod
Cherish our flag, honor it, defend what it stands for in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Freedoms are not free, they've been paid for many times over by heros in uniform. We owe them and our children, the best that we can do.

USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, An Loc, lll Corps, RVN, 69-70, Vietnam Vet '69-'73

Page generated in 0.03300 seconds with 8 queries