View Single Post
Old October 7, 2014, 08:21 PM   #31
valleyforge.1777

So, here I am, two years later, still thinking about this but have not bought the gun, yet. I think I'm going to get the gun and build a mannequin for CQ shooting training.

I recently took Craig Douglas's ECQC class, and I need a "practice gun" to use for practicing gun retention, disarms, etc. I'm going to get a blue gun for the Sig P228 and cut away the trigger guard to make the disarm practicing safer, but will probably practice the same skills with a friend using an unloaded airsoft Sig P229R because it will fit in my existing holsters and can be used loaded for shoot practicing (against the mannequin), too. My friend and I both carry P228/P229R for conceal carry and we have holsters for both guns. I will, of course, also do live fire at the range to practice the shooting part of ECQC (including the thumb-pectoral index, etc).

As a side note: during the class, we got to shoot and get shot with the Simunitions rounds, and those really hurt! Not sure what it feels like to get shot with airsoft, but the sim rounds definitely hurt. If you can ever get the chance to take Craig's class, I definitely recommend it. I would not want to get mugged/robbed/attacked without knowing what he teaches. I don't really want to get attacked even WITH knowing and practicing what he teaches, but definitely not withOUT knowing that stuff. It is training that I consider mandatory for conceal carry.

Page generated in 0.02632 seconds with 8 queries