View Single Post
Old May 24, 2014, 11:04 AM   #8
Jimmy10mm

Just IMHO ....... I have a 6" Python and it is a fine revolver. Made on the old Officer's Model frame IIRC, it is about equivalent to a K frame Smith. The Python has the old long action like the pre-war Smiths and some like it and some don't.

The post war Smiths, with the short action are certainly less money and as previously posted, the lock work is less complicated if you ever need to find someone to work on it that knows what they are doing.

I think if I was going for a 66 it would be a 6" bbl for range use. I have a 2-1/2 and love it but never shoot it. A beast with 357 cartridges. The L frame is a nice compromise. Not as heavy as the N frame but enough beef to fire 357s in 'comfortably' and not shoot loose.

The K frames and the Pythons are said to be more fragile. I've never shot one loose myself but maybe I didn't shoot them enough. I have a 5" M-27 N frame that is a pleasure to shoot 357s in. Heavy though if that is a consideration.

Page generated in 0.01946 seconds with 8 queries