View Single Post
Old April 5, 2012, 02:30 PM   #25
TheKlawMan

Bloopers

Oneounce. I was thinking that a blooper could also be a poor powder burn, but just yesterday a guy told me that was unlikely, when I said I thought it possible. He is a nice guy but you probably have 20 times the experience so I will defer to you and to what I told him, which was that I had heard that insufficient powder packing pressure can cause a blooper. I think I learned that here and perhaps from you.

As for moving the FTF to the top barrel, I have had to FTF with the Browning. One fired fine when moved to the top barrel. The other didn't and was just a dud. Mu buddy had one yesterday in his Beretta. It was a Remington primer and both strikes looked sound, but it wouldn't fire from either lower or top barrels.

I tried to differentiate between a FTF when the primer doesn't fire and a blooper when it fires but the powder doesn't burn. You are aboslutely right that a primer may fire but for some reason you only get a partial powder burn. It could be that the primer fires, but weakly, not enough powder dropped, no powder dropped, insufficient wad pressure, . . . .

Last edited by TheKlawMan; April 5, 2012 at 02:39 PM.

Page generated in 0.02234 seconds with 8 queries