View Single Post
Old January 13, 2012, 09:20 PM   #36
.40cal

Alarm system # 1

Firearm # 2 ( training is a must )- you need to discuss your concerns and get her on board with this. If she has no desire to learn to use a firearm then it will do no good. Just make sure she gets some time at the range at the very least.

Also, go to lowes, home depot, etc. and invest in the alarmed door stoppers. They come two to a pack for about 12 bucks if I remember correctly. It's basically a wedge with a rubber bottom and it takes a 9v battery ( it is alarmed if a door is pressed against it) These little things are amazingly strong and will prevent a door from being forced open without letting out an ear piercing siren.

I have these on all my doors at night in the event that someone tries to breach the door. Hopefully this will wake me and buy me some time to collect myself and react.

Quote:
Note of Caution: Once she becomes aware of the possible threats. DO NOT GET CUTE AND TRY TO SNEAK INTO THE HOUSE AND SUPRISE HER. You do not need to have and accident which leaves her a widow and your babies fatherless.
I couldn't agree more. this is some of the best advice I have ever heard. When I purchased my wife a gun, I told her that I would never sneak in the house or come home unannounced. I always make sure that I call first for that very reason She knows to shoot when someone has entered the home.

Last edited by .40cal; January 13, 2012 at 09:25 PM.

Page generated in 0.02433 seconds with 8 queries