View Single Post
Old October 29, 2011, 01:43 PM   #9
CPTMurdoc30

I have two 223 varmint rifles.

First: Remington 700VLS it is topped with a Nikon Monarch UCC 6.5-20x42mm setting in Leupold rings and 1 piece base. I changed the trigger to a timney and adjusted it to 1.5#. I also changed the firing pin from the factory init to a callahan unit. She shoot 50gr V-Max's in to .4" range at 100 yards. She weighs in at 12.5# fully loaded with a Harris 13-23" bipod and sling. I love this rifle for its performance and looks.

Second: Rock River Arms Predator Pursuit Rifle with a 20" barrel it is topped with a Nikon Monarch 6-24x50mm side focus scope in Burris Tactical rings. It has a RRA two stage trigger that breaks like glass. I use magpul PMags in it. It shoots 60 gr V-Max's in to .3" groups at 100 yards. It weighs in at 10# fully loaded with a 20 round mag same bipod and sling.

I live in va and we do a lot of walking when we hunt ground hogs. That 2.5# makes a huge difference by the end of the day when walking around a 300 acre farm..

Howa, Remington, savage and many others make great varmint rifles. But, like a deer rifle for here is totally different than a deer rifle for a person in Nevada so is a varmint rifle.

Page generated in 0.03598 seconds with 8 queries