Thread: Trespassing v2
View Single Post
Old September 26, 2010, 05:56 PM   #23
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn. Trooper
I would bet that if you used deadly force against someone, inside your home or not, that was not a credible threat, you will be going to prison. I don't think there is a judge or jury in this state at least that will buy the "He was in my house, I had to shoot him" defense, when that person was not posing a threat to you.
A few months, or even weeks, ago that would have been the case in your state. And in a few months it will be the case again. However ...

...Have you looked at a major Connecticut newspaper recently? There's a trial taking place in New Haven. Something about a couple of losers who walked into an unlocked house, beat the husband severely, raped the wife and one of two daughters, then strangled the wife and killed the daughters by tying them to their beds and torching the house. (The husband survived because he had been left for dead in the basement, woke up, freed himself and was able to crawl to a neighbor's house.)

Right about now, I don't think it would be possible to empanel a jury in Connecticut that would convict anyone for shooting a stranger they found in their house. Certainly not at night.

Last edited by Aguila Blanca; September 26, 2010 at 05:57 PM. Reason: multiple typos

Page generated in 0.03855 seconds with 8 queries