View Single Post
Old April 13, 2009, 07:30 PM   #7
fxrcleve

1st duck hunt of the year I had fail to feed and fail to chamber issues out of a new supermag 870. I was using the duck plug (shell limiter ) though. Turned out to be the spring was wedged onto the duck plug,compressing the spring and not allowing it to push the next round.

I turned the plug around so the pointy side of the plug was against the shells and stopped the issue. I doubt you are using a duck plug since you've added a mag extension to yours but my guess is your spring is causing 1/2 of your problems.

Take the extension off and put the original spring back just to see if some of your problems go away. Then get another longer spring or try streching the old one just a little. Be carfull if you ever had a slinky as a child you know what happens to springs when pulled too far.

Not pulling an empty out has always been mud/dirt or something obstructing the spring loaded finger from what I have always seen. If the mag extension isn't tight, it could be moving the shell out further making it just out of reach when it's supposed to grab onto it. Make sure no slop on the barrel. Again test without the mag ext.

Good luck!!!

Page generated in 0.02408 seconds with 8 queries