View Single Post
Old January 1, 2006, 12:22 AM   #22
Leftoverdj

Quote:
The others are it plugs up the hole that allows the gas to operate the piston that causes the weapon to reload and fire the next round.

At the velocity he will be pushing that bullet it is not a good idea even if it was not gas operated.

Also I have done this for awhile and thought it would be a good thing to tell him.

Leftoverdj, have you ever cleaned a gas operated rifle or pistol with lead in the port that sends the gas to the piston? I suggest you go ahead and shoot it with lead bullets, and then get back to me. I'd love to hear you then.

Harley
Not all gas operated weapons even HAVE pistons. And, no, I have never cleaned anything with a lead clogged port. Since I gunsmithed for about 15 years, you'd think I woulda seen it if it was gonna happen. And since I have shot thousands of cast bullets through gas operated weapons, you'd think it woulda happened to me if it was gonna happen. A good bit of that was through SKSs before cheap surplus ammo was readily available, but there were also a couple of M-1 Carbines and a Hakim.

Tell me, Harley, how many cast bullets do you shoot?

Page generated in 0.02744 seconds with 8 queries