View Single Post
Old December 8, 2005, 09:31 AM   #22
DimitriS

Springmom,

Try "Premium Doe Estrus Plus" its from Hunter Specialties my dad had good results with it and its relativly cheap.

The thing about smelling and scents I think anyways is that people depend too much on masking there smell and applying scents.

The attarctant your using isnt natural to the area's does. So there effiectiveness I think is crippled. And as for your smell my hunting mentor smokes while hunting, goes and does both number 1 and 2, and seriously doesnt give one hoot about scent attartances. Funny thing is out of our hunting group of like 8 or so he has killed more deer then anyone else.

The 2 best tools you can use while hunting is tracking or patterning the deer and using your deer call effectivly are your best bets. I personally think a deer's nose is highly over rated. Well that or they are just dumb

And Springmom I'd try the Old Spice deorderant agian just for kicks but I wouldnt do the smoking part as I dont smoke and me starting just to kill a deer or 2 wouldnt happen

Mind you take all my information as just opinion as I havnt killed/fallowed/found a deer yet in my life. I am just relaying what I have been told/seen done in successful hunts of my hunting partners. I really wish I didnt lose that one deer I saw (the only deer I ever saw while hunting too) and shot and hit with my crossbow (yes while I was wearing the Old Spice)

Dimitri

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(")your signature to help him gain world domination.

Firing Line ID 30083

Page generated in 0.02613 seconds with 8 queries