View Single Post
Old August 15, 2019, 10:26 AM   #1
hounddawg

Favorite .308 AR10 plinking/target load ?

Never loaded for a AR10 load and I am looking for suggestions and tips. How picky are these rifles as far as powder and bullet choice. What are realistic expectations with a stock rifle as far as accuracy ? Sub 1 MOA is goal, anything tighter than that would be gravy. Would love to stretch it out to 600 and 800 if I can get 1 moa accuracy out that far.

Powders on hand are Varget and XBR 8208. Bullets on hand are 155.5 Berger full bore (100), Hornady 168 Match (200), Hornady 175 ELDX (45). Cases will be LC new pulldown. Rifle is Springfield Saint Viktor.

I also picked up a sampler bag of the Mid South 168 gn Match Burners and considering other inexpensive bullet options such as the Speer 168 gn match and Nosler 168 gn CC in blems or seconds. If necessary I will consider other more expensive bullets such as SMK's and Bergers but obviously would prefer a less expensive option.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and tips

Page generated in 0.03297 seconds with 8 queries