View Single Post
Old September 27, 2023, 11:25 AM   #24
TunnelRat

Ethical and Moral Question: Do I continue to train this person?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTT TL View Post
Price of tea in China and all that, 2020 was a pretty rough year for American and The World's mental health and there hasn't been much bounce back. There was a 20% rise in scripts in the US. Scripts also don't appear to be helping at all. The US still has the highest suicide and murder rates of any high income country. People who are depressed appear to commit suicide at much higher rates than people who are not depressed. Feel free to fact check that.

None of which was my point, which you seem to have convoluted about. My point was more along the lines of; I think if Chris Kyle could do it all over again he would probably do things differently.

Given that you brought up mental illness first, no this isn’t the price of tea in China. 2020 was a rough year, and for many it hasn’t gotten much better. A significant percentage of Americans were being treated for mental illness before then as well.

My point remains that just because a person is being treated for mental illness, doesn’t meant they’re going to shoot you, ala Chris Kyle (and to my knowledge Kyle had taken a number of veterans shooting before that without being shot). If you want to not train people because they are potentially experiencing a mental illness, then that remains your prerogative as I said.

Page generated in 0.02423 seconds with 8 queries