View Single Post
Old January 6, 2019, 02:02 PM   #17
FrankenMauser

I have two.
They're good.
They're simple.
They're reliable.
Combined round count on mine is well over 200,000.

"Field" maintenance is easy. Just wipe the dirty bits and get back to shooting.

"Bench" maintenance is more involved for me than most other owners. I'm one of "them": I remove the barrel and top strap as an assembly (prevents need to re-zero), then the recoil spring assembly and slide (on newer models ['99+?], the firing pin assembly would come out too - but mine are the early style and have pinned firing pins). Every 4-5 years, I'll also pull the grips to clean the safety and mag release, and disassemble the magazines for a proper cleaning.

Other than normal maintenance items (buffers, springs, etc.), I've only had one failure. The lower round count pistol, a Target model, broke a firing pin. But... It continued to function for thousands more rounds, even with the broken firing pin.

I still run both original factory magazines, plus a factory mag from a first run Buckmark Rifle (1999? 2000?). There are also half a dozen additional magazines dating to between 1990 and 1996. I have not needed to replace a spring or follower in any of them.

My father had two.
Like an idiot, he sold/traded them.
He tried almost everything else on the market to scratch the .22 LR semi-auto itch again.
In the end, he bought another Buckmark. ...And is looking for yet another at this time.

Page generated in 0.02900 seconds with 8 queries