View Single Post
Old April 30, 2016, 05:23 PM   #4
Sevens

The short answer is someone in the position of authority is a complete TOOL.

Either the person who bought & issued that ammo -OR- their boss who lets them do it without taking the time to see what they are doing is FOOLISH.

JHP handgun ammo serves two functions well... sometimes at the same time, sometimes NOT. That ammo is designed with a hollow cavity for the select purpose of having been constructed from the base to the tip, typically offering a more consistent bullet base, which is often more accurate.

Freedom Munitions is a remanufactered ammo company. Factory reloads. It's another way of saying that it's a legal and scaled up operation of handloading for profit. Many folks like their ammo, enough folks have shown clear evidence that it is very much "get what you pay for" ammo.

It's ludicrous and ignorant to save some money buying RELOADS to arm a commercial employee with an issued firearm who's only true purpose is to be used in the line of duty in a possible life & death situation.

From what little you wrote, the very best-case scenario that I can hope for is that the decision maker here is simply IGNORANT and not just plain cheap, careless and obnoxiously reckless.

First order of business?
Talk to the boss and ask him if you are allowed to carry your own purchased premium, quality defense ammo. If yes, then at least you can be the one astute person lost in a sea of ignorance. Second order of business would be a sit-down with the biggest boss you feel comfortable speaking with and attempt & hope that simple reason is well-received.

Sorry if my post comes off in a harsh manner. In my opinion, this is not quite is ignorant and obnoxious as arming their professional staff with Jiminez .32's, but it's kind of similar.

Page generated in 0.03594 seconds with 8 queries