View Single Post
Old August 12, 2012, 07:36 PM   #1
Dalton

North American Arms Mini Revolver .22lr - repair issues

Hello everyone. This is my first time on this forum. Please let me know if I've posted this in the wrong place.

I have a North American Arms Mini Revolver .22lr that I'm about to sell. The problem is that the hammer is bad. Somehow the part that strikes the case is worn off. I bought a new hammer to replace it.

I sat down to repair it. I finally got the side plate off after looking like an idiot for 5 min before reading that the hammer screw that holds it on is reverse thread. It then immediatly came out. I had to work a little to get the side plate off as it was tight. I was careful that I didn't let anything fall out. Once it was off I discovered the god aweful plethera of springs, pins, doodads, and whosits. I got the new hammer in, figured out over a half hour the best way to get all the parts back in and tried to put the side plate back on.

I almost lost the itty bitty spring on the frame side of the hammer twice. I finally just took everything out that would easily come out and tried to just put the side plate on by itself. I can't get it on. I don't know whether something's not lined up or whether I just need to be forceful.

There is a pin that goes through the trigger and into the side plate to line it up. I line that up, make sure the bolt spring/cyclinder bolt (seem to be one piece and not something that comes out) are lined up with the groove in the side plate, and try to put it on. Only one side will line up. Either I can get the front two corners in and the back two are way off, or I can roughly get the back two lined up and the bottom left, over the trigger, is especially reluctant to go down.

Has anyone had any experience with this? I already have it apart and I can get it back together, but if I can't get the side plate on, it's useless. Thanks for the help.

Dalton

Page generated in 0.02407 seconds with 8 queries