View Single Post
Old June 8, 2009, 10:44 PM   #1
Stuohn

Driving to Texas

So I am leaving for Texas on Saturday 06/13 and plan on bringing my handgun with me. ( I live in Illinois now). So I will be driving straight through Missouri and Okalahoma. Just wanted to know the laws in these states about how to transport handguns through these states.

I already know the the handgun has to be unloaded and enclosed in a case until I hit Missouri.

Now, from what I've read on the internet (most reliable source i know) I think I would be OK having it loaded in the glove box.
[QUOTE] It is unlawful to carry a firearm concealed on or about one’s person without a concealed carry endorsement on the Missouri driver’s or non-driver’s license or a valid permit to carry concealed firearms issued by any state.

This prohibition does not apply to possession in a person’s dwelling, while hunting or while traveling in a continuous journey through the state.

Law enforcement officers, corrections officers, probation and parole officers, some judges; process servers and marshals and members of the armed forces or the national guard while performing their official duties are exempt from this prohibition.

Persons over the age twenty-one years of age or older may transport a concealable firearm in the passenger compartment of a vehicle as long as the firearm is lawfully possessed.[QUOTE]

Now Oklahoma I think it has to be unloaded but not concealed.

[QUOTE][It is unlawful for any person, except for peace officers on duty, to carry a firearm upon or about his person, or in any container, except for purposes of hunting, fishing, education or recreation or by a valid Concealed Carry License (“CCL”).

A person is permitted to carry firearms open and not concealed when hunting, during safety class, target shooting, for a military function, for a police function, or for entertainment events or historical reenactments.

A person is permitted to carry unloaded firearms open and not concealed when going to or from the person’s private residence or vehicle, or to a gun shop, gun show, or hunting, target shooting, or other sporting activity.

A person may transport an unloaded firearm openly in a motor vehicle at any time.

It is unlawful to carry a loaded firearm in a vehicle, though there are some exceptions for firearms carried by those with a concealed carry license. /QUOTE]

And I already know Texas. So if I have over looked anything please let me know.

Page generated in 0.03594 seconds with 8 queries