View Single Post
Old August 1, 2013, 06:22 PM   #8
Dwight55

The white one from Harbor Freight is junk, . . . plain and simple, . . . don't waste your cash.

The one I have that works is a Chamberlain from Northern Tool Co. It was around $65 when I bought it a couple years ago.

Upside, . . . reliable, . . . period. Coon, cat, dog, etc won't set it off, . . . but a small human (maybe a large dog) or a white tail deer will make it go.

It also has a relay built in that can be wired to something else if you wish, an alarm, a light, a dialer, . . .

Downside, . . . uses AA batteries, . . . 4 each time, . . . lasts between 70 and 90 days. If a spider or other bug crosses the sensor at the sensing unit, . . . it will go off.

I re-wired mine using a length of PVC tubing, . . . 2 caps, . . . and 4 D cell batteries, . . .

It's good for up to a couple hundred yards (buddy has one on his 1/2 mile drive way), . . . the fan is about 60 degrees in all directions, . . . and will detect out to about 30 yards or so.

I like mine, . . . would recommend it to anyone needing one. It's the green one in their catalog.

May God bless,
Dwight
If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a Veteran!

Page generated in 0.02272 seconds with 8 queries