View Single Post
Old December 19, 2000, 04:51 PM   #6
Marshal

I've tried both, and liked both, but we settled on a 650 because my wife likes the auto indexing and the powder check station. I personally preferred the 550, but she couldn't get into a regular rhythm when she was reloading.

The 550 is simple and easy to use, and I found that I could see down inside the case to make sure there was a charge before I seated the bullet. My wife, being shorter, wasn't able to do that as easily, thus she likes the powder check system. She also has a healthy level of skepticism about the whole reloading process, which keeps us both safer.

I find the 650 to be more troublesome if I screw something up, but that's okay because I regard loading as fun, not a chore. You sure can crank'em out when everything is set up properly. As to the case feeder, I don't have one, but I keep forgetting to restock the feeder tube, so maybe I'll get one for my birthday.

I will say that I'm glad I started with the 550, because I think it's easier to learn on. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Page generated in 0.02072 seconds with 8 queries