View Single Post
Old June 12, 2008, 05:27 PM   #6
6thMichCav

Timberwolf, up close and personal

My brother owns a Timberwolf, and I have had a chance to shoot it a few times. This one is a .357.

The stock and overall feel of the gun feels very much like a Winchester 94 or 92. It is thin, relatively light, and has a straight gripped stock. The big old safety button is on the side like an 870.

The action is not quite as quick as I expected (shotgun-like), but it is certainly fast enough for its purpose. Like most carbines, the combination of sight radius and a more stable shooting platform makes it a little easier to shoot accurately than a pistol or revolver. The sights and tube magazine make gun handling quite a bit like the '94 drill, too.

Back then, it was $275. Today, way too much for the overall quality of the gun. I agree that a slide-action in a pistol cartridge is a great idea, but lament the fact that Taurus chose to go "cowboy" and include an exposed hammer. Sorry, but the hammer in your sight picture is no aid to sighting or repeat shots.

I'd like someone else to manufacture the same concept (Ruger!), and these days, I would probably buy one in .44 mag or .45 Colt.

Page generated in 0.02182 seconds with 8 queries