View Single Post
Old November 3, 2017, 11:33 AM   #11
ocharry

just to be clear... the only reason i clean between different bullets when i am testing,, is because just about all the 22 bullets have different lube on them,,,when i am testing i dont want another bullets lube left in the bore giving me a false result,,,some bullet brands have a waxy feel to them,,,others have a greasy stuff on them,,, while others have ,,,not sure what on the bullet,,,so its just to separate the bullet lube,,,,i also try to do my testing when the weather is the same,,,temp,,humidity,,,wind,,,keep a log it will help,,,that way they all get a fair shake,,,does it need to be that way,,,heck no,,,thats just the way i do testing,,,prolly over kill,,,but for me,,,i gots to know,,,,kinda the same way when i work up a load for a center fire,,,,if i do my part,,,,then i know where the bullet is going,,,no excuses,,,,,lol

for the most part,, once i get a bullet that is doing what i want,,in that particular rifle the only time i clean it is if i have cycling issues,,,sometimes with a tight or match chamber,, it doesnt take much,,dirty chamber could cause loading or unloading problems,,,,especially in a auto

i want to rule out as much mechanical stuff as i can,,so if i miss,, i know its me or something i did,,,,i like small groups at 50 yrds with my 22's ,,,,3/8" or less if i can make it happen

ocharry

Page generated in 0.03599 seconds with 8 queries