View Single Post
Old February 4, 2013, 08:12 PM   #1
MrChip

Glock 19 versus Glock 19c

Hello,

This is my first post. I currently own a S&W 38 special, but want to buy my first semi-automatic. After trying several models at an indoor range, I decided on the Glock 19. I started the process of hunting one down for purchase when I came across the option of getting a compensated gun. I have never heard of this option before. From what I can tell, it seems that the advantage of getting a compensated gun is reduced recoil for increased accuracy on the second, third shots.

During my practices I selected the 9mm over a .40 specifically for the reduced recoil. I was planning on replacing the stock guide rod with a heavy tungsten guide rod that is supposed to reduce recoil. Will the heavier guide rod give about the same advantage as a compensated model?

Is a G19 compensated legal in California? If it is, am I better off with a compensated model or the stock model with the heavier guide rod?

The G19 will be used for home defense.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for the advice. I would also love any ideas where I can find one to purchase in these crazy times.

Chip

Page generated in 0.02457 seconds with 8 queries