View Single Post
Old January 2, 2013, 09:16 AM   #5
Winchester_73

I own 2 unconverted blackhawks, a 1968 357, and a 1965 41 magnum. My brother has a 1959 flat top 357. I owned 2 single sixes, one was a super. What do these all have in common? NONE are converted and none will be converted by me or my brother. Pure and simple, the safety is between your ears. The guns also do have a half cock safety like the old Colt SAAs. I don't see why people get their guns converted to the new system. Kind of like the warning label which is also unecessary for any responsible gun owner with any measure of intelligence.

If you ever go to sell your Ruger, but its converted, you better have the original parts or the gun will be significantly less valuable. Some people will tell you it is much safer to have the conversion, but at that point, the smartest move is probably to sell your original blackhawk to a collector, and buy a new model which has the transfer system already. On the other hand, if you get it converted, and lose the original parts, you only make my Rugers that much more collectible!

Last edited by Winchester_73; January 2, 2013 at 10:26 AM.

Page generated in 0.02911 seconds with 8 queries