View Single Post
Old January 10, 2013, 12:23 AM   #100
pnac

Legal Scholars:
What about a "Presidential Proclamation", does it carry any legal weight that should concern us?
From wiki:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_order

Presidential proclamation

A presidential proclamation "states a condition, declares a law and requires obedience, recognizes an event or triggers the implementation of a law (by recognizing that the circumstances in law have been realized)".[11] Presidents “define” situations or conditions on situations that become legal or economic truth. These orders carry the same force of law as executive orders—the difference between the two is that executive orders are aimed at those inside government while proclamations are aimed at those outside government. The administrative weight of these proclamations is upheld because they are often specifically authorized by congressional statute, making them “delegated unilateral powers”. Presidential proclamations are often dismissed as a practical presidential tool for policy making because of the perception of proclamations as largely ceremonial or symbolic in nature. However, the legal weight of presidential proclamations suggests their importance to presidential governance.[12]
Oh Lord grant me speed - Gram Parsons

Page generated in 0.02278 seconds with 8 queries