View Single Post
Old January 30, 2020, 09:35 AM   #60
buck460XVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkeypete View Post
We all obey the National Firearms Act of 1934 by the bylaws of this forum, so "gun control" is simply a matter of grey... not black and white.

If someone needs help, I try to help. I'm one of those "Liberals". I like to think that we are all interested in the shooting sports and the solution to our problems is talking and discussing issues like the friends we are, not isolating ourselves.

Used to be we could have civilized discussions and friendships even though we didn't agree with each other on everything.
^^^I agree....altho I don't consider myself a liberal. I also don't consider myself a conservative. Nor do I identify with either the Democratic or republican party. Some folks call that being a moderate independent. Been this way most of my 66 years.

There is also the GCA along with it's enhancement in 1993. The noteworthy thing to consider is that the GCA was endorsed by the NRA, perhaps because the gun that shot the President, was ordered thru their magazine, American Rifleman. A quote from NRA Executive Vice-President Franklin Orth supported a ban on mail-order sales, stating "We do not think that any sane American, who calls himself an American, can object to placing into this bill the instrument which killed the President of the United States.

The tide of Gun Control flows and ebbs with the sentiment of the nation. Always has, always will. The above is a very stark example. Much of the recent worry of gun control is, IMHO, the lack of trust within our political system. History has shown us that it is not just the Democrats we can't trust. Still we trust in the 2nd, so why can't we trust in the government that is governed by the same piece of paper? Why will one survive when the all the rest won't? Just sayin'......

Page generated in 0.02299 seconds with 8 queries