View Single Post
Old September 27, 2012, 04:03 PM   #16
MonsterB

[QUOTE][/I like to alternate which calibers I take to the range. I'll shoot my 45acp Springfield Range Officer for a about 2 weeks (about twice a week), then I'll put it in the safe and shoot my Sig 226 9mm for a week and then my Walther PPQ (9mm) for a week, then my Ruger Security Six for a week (.38spl).

I've had people tell me that switching calibers all the time will make me a "jack of all calibers and master of none" and that if I want to perfect my shooting skills I should stick to one caliber until I have perfected my skills with that one. I hope not because I enjoy all 3 of those guns immensly and don't like to have them lay around not getting used.

What is your take on this? Do you find switching calibers to be detrimental to devloping good shooting skills? QUOTE]
I personally have found that shooting a variety of guns, trigger types, and calibers has made me a much better shooter with all platforms. I have 22's, 38's, 357's, 9mm's,40's, and 45's, and since I started shooting lots of different guns, my performance with all of them has increased. Learning to feel a trigger and its break with multiple guns has made me better with guns overall. I have several times used another shooters guns for the first time and shot it better than they do, even after they have become quite accustomed with it. I actually think that shooting just one gun only gets you so far, as you may get very good with it but when you shoot something else you cant hit squat. Everyone has thier favorites, but shooting guns you dont shoot as well can make you better with your favorite, no dobt in my mind.

Page generated in 0.03384 seconds with 8 queries